Energy savings

Sustainable Development

Page tools
Print Print
Bookmark Bookmark
Share on
  • Banner


    To become more progressive, we have decided to launch a new form of corporate philanthropy – Company Volunteering... Volunteering
  • Banner


    Our corporate responsibility strategy is based on the global Liberty strategy... Responsibility
  • Banner

    The Company employees

    We consider them our most valuable asset that significantly contributes...The Company employees
  • Banner


    The application of an integrated approach to pollution limitation is one of the most important tools of Liberty Ostrava... Environment

Energy savings

The efforts to continuously lower energy consumption is a solid part of our policy. In practise these principles are manifested by replacing obsolete assets by modern ones featuring lower energy intensity and maximum energy use.

We want to decrease energy consumption and CO2 that is why we focus on pursuing projects that will improve our sustainability and will lead to savings. We need people who try to look for ways how to make energy management processes more efficient and of higher quality. As part of our energy savings we focused primarily on energy footprint decrease.

Energy management certificate

Since 2016 when the external audit was conducted by TÜV Nord Czech, we have been certified according to ČSN EN ISO 5001:2011. ISO 5001 standard represents a new worldwide standard in energy management, energy policy implementation and energy efficiency improvement. We perceive this as a recognition of our care about natural resources and an effort to decrease greenhouse gas emissions.

Environmentally friendly heat from the mill

The proximity to the Ostrava’s mill pays off to Vratimov’s residents. Thanks to our company 500 households with more than seven thousand residents have environmentally friendly heat.

The most significant advantage is that all local solid fuel boiler houses are intended for apartment heating. The annual heat supply to Vratimov amounts to about 35, 000 GJ. It is waste heat which is the most environmental source because 80% of this heat is generated from exhaust-heat boiler at medium section mill. The remaining 20% come from TAMEH Czech. The idea to use waste heat produced at waste heat boilers originated back in 1994.

News release PhDr. Barbora Černá Dvořáková, MBA - PR manager & Spokesperson >